Re: Problem Installing DiscoveryStudio2019 in Buster

On 2019-07-09, Stephen P. Molnar <s.molnar@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> I followed the Linux Mint Forum directions an got the results shown in
> the attached DiscoveryStudio2019.run.log (attached).

> Next step(s), please?

Thanks for the vote confidence, but it's probably misplaced.

;-)

So, I guess, it doesn't run, and all you get is the log? All the log
tells me of note (me not really speaking shell) is that the "License Pack
location (%LP_LOCATION%) is not a valid location" (I *think* that's
what it's telling me).

I did note at the Mint Forum link I gave you the following: "Before
installing DSV, consult the System Requirements on the Biovia webpage,
and install as many of the recommended libraries as you can. Because
Biovia only supports RHEL, CentOS, and SUSE, you will need to translate
the library names from rpm to deb nomenclature," which looks to be an
arduous task.

Anyway, did you run

/home/comp/Apps/Biovia2019/DiscoveryStudio2019/bin/../bin/config_lp_location <location of LicensePack>

(or is that not really the problem)?

--
"These findings demonstrate that under appropriate conditions the isolated,
intact large mammalian brain possesses an underappreciated capacity for