Re: buster changes vim mouse behavior again...

On Mon, Jul 08, 2019 at 08:50:56PM +0300, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> On Lu, 08 iul 19, 08:48:15, Dave Sherohman wrote:
> > Today I did a test install of buster, however, and found a new problem:
> > It seems that buster's vim detects the middle-click and "helpfully" goes
> > immediately into insert mode, meaning that ":set paste" and "O" are
> > entered as part of the file contents rather than being processed as
> > commands.

> If you do figure out how it's supposed to work please do post on list.

My stackexchange question was identified as a duplicate of
https://vi.stackexchange.com/questions/18001/why-cant-i-paste-commands-into-vi
which gave me enough information to track down ":set t_BE=" (in addition
to the existing ":set mouse=") as a solution to my problem.

A full description of the behavior can be found at
https://vimhelp.org/term.txt.html if you do a search in the page for
"xterm-bracketed-paste".

":set termcap" shows that stretch's vim doesn't support the t_BE
setting, which is why it doesn't need to be cleared there.

--
Dave Sherohman