Re: Check your signing key expiration dates!

Nate Bargmann [2019-07-07T13:28:27-05] wrote:

> apparently this [WKD] is something that is going to have to be
> implemented for every email domain.

Yes. It is not used very much yet but some organizations like debian.org
and kernel.org have it.

> While it is probably good in its own right, the centralized SKS
> network is easy to use and point gnupg toward. In my not so educated
> opinion, it seems that the SKS network should do a validation for any
> uploaded or updated key.

SKS keyserver software does not have maintainers and currently it seems
that not much development will happen on the server software. So there's
no point in saying "SKS should do something". It won't. Unless someone
starts writing code again. Until then only clients such as GnuPG can be
updated to handle today's challenges like key signature flooding.

Some have said that SKS keyservers are dying. They don't vanish
immediately but it's good idea to look and develop alternatives like WKD
or different keyserver implementations like Hagrid in
<https://keys.openpgp.org>.

--
///  OpenPGP key: 4E1055DC84E9DFF613D78557719D69D324539450
//  https://keys.openpgp.org/search?q=tlikonen@iki.fi