Re: Check your signing key expiration dates!

* On 2019 07 Jul 12:29 -0500, Brad Rogers wrote:
> On Sun, 7 Jul 2019 12:03:35 -0500
> Nate Bargmann <n0nb@n0nb.us> wrote:
>
> Hello Nate,
>
> >list (I recently subscribed), and have seen some on this list where I am
> >seeing the output from gpgme in neomutt that the signing key expired
> >some time ago.  Not expired within the past days but months or almost a
>
> Not seeing that here;  Have you updated those keys recently?

That is a good question!  I have been collecting public signatures for
many years via gpg.  Yours, in particular, is one that shows as expired.

If, in fact, the problem is on my end (likely), I need to force gnupg to
request updated keys in some manner.

> >couple of years ago.  As I have my signing key set not to expire, I'm
> >not sure if gnupg is issuing a warning about an expired key to those
>
> GPG does warn about expired keys.  However, it's possible some MUAs may
> mask that warning.

I suppose this is one time I shouldn't have shot from the hip?  :-D

- Nate

Web: https://www.n0nb.us  GPG key: D55A8819  GitHub: N0NB