Re: Assorted arm-buster problems - network configuration

	Hi.

On Fri, Jul 05, 2019 at 08:41:47AM -0400, Greg Wooledge wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 05, 2019 at 06:35:53AM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > yup, and if the repos were open...  They are not as I've previously
> > posted. I can report that apt --purge does not, I still see
> > an /etc/nsswitch.conf, even though ts been purged.
>
> ... what.
>
> Gene, /etc/nsswitch.conf is NOT part of any Debian package.

Actually, nsswitch.conf is created by postinst script of libc-bin
package, to technically nsswitch.conf is a part of libc-bin.

> It's part of the core installation.  It is absolutely fundamental to
> the operation of basically every single piece of the operating system
> above the boot loader, the kernel, the ld.so shared library loader,
> and libc.

nsswitch.conf(5) says:

The Name Service Switch (NSS) configuration file, /etc/nsswitch.conf, is
used by the GNU C Library...

> wooledg:~$ dpkg -S /etc/nsswitch.conf
> dpkg-query: no path found matching pattern /etc/nsswitch.conf

grep nsswitch /var/lib/dpkg/info/*

Reco