Re: How Buster release may affect Unstable?

On Mon, Jul 01, 2019 at 11:18:18PM +0200, deloptes wrote:
> Joe wrote:
>
> > Presumably, apt-get will be dropped one day, but apt is already the
> > preferred system, with more functionality than apt-get.
>
> AFAIK apt is frontend to apt-get, or I am wrong?

They're both front-ends to the APT libraries that do the actual work.

apt-get is older, and has now been declared to be the stable CLI for
writing scripts.

apt is newer, and has been declared the preferred interactive command,
with evolving features.

Of course, if you don't like some of the evolving features, you can still
use apt-get interactively.