apt-get install refuses to installs older versions of dependencies

Dear Debian Users,

I set up an APT repository containing 2 packages: foo and bar

The repository contains 2 versions of foo: 1.0.0 and 2.0.0
and 2 versions of bar: 3.0.0 and 4.0.0

foo 1.0.0 depends on bar 3.0.0
foo 2.0.0 depends on bar 4.0.0

I can easily install the latest version of foo via
```
$ sudo apt-get install foo
[...]
  foo bar
[...]
Setting up bar (4.0.0) ...
Setting up foo (2.0.0) ... ```

I get the same result when running `sudo apt-get install foo=2.0.0`

However, apt-get fails to install foo 1.0.0
```
$ sudo apt-get install foo=1.0.0
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.
 foo : Depends: bar (= 3.0.0) but 4.0.0 is to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages. ```

Currently, I workaround this issue by running `sudo apt-get install foo=1.0.0 bar=3.0.0`.

How can I instruct apt-get to automatically install an older version of bar as required by foo?

Or in other words: How can I make `apt-get install foo=1.0.0` install both foo 1.0.0 and bar 3.0.0 (dependency of foo 1.0.0).

Thanks,
Fabian