Re: Problem to locate bug

On 6/24/19 6:52 AM, sj126@uranus.uni-freiburg.de wrote:
Dear all,
for some weeks (or months perhaps already), my screen freezes suddenly and once in a while without any chance to de-freeze it again. I don't know wether my input is recognized after such a freeze, but I don't think so. (I should've tested this before writing to you…)
The thing is that I don't know which package could cause this bug, therefore I'm writing to this list. As far as I can see, this behaviour may only be caused by [1-4] out of 4 programs: lxterminal, qutebrowser, evolution, openbox.
Or a package acting behind my knowledge may also be causing the freeze of my screen, which doesn't appear to come up after a specific uptime and not because I overestimate my system (at least it seems so).
May you help me so that I can issue this to the causing package? System info will be sent when told which. (Commands for console/terminal/… preferred)

Kind regards,
  sj126

If you have another computer with an SSH client, you could install openssh-server on the machine in question. The next time it locks up, log in via SSH from the other machine and investigate.

David