Re: New Hardware + old disks not recognized [SOLVED + lessons learned]

Ross Boylan wrote:
> LESSONS
> 1. Don't ever get in this situation.  It's a mess.
> 2. If you're planning on moving to new hardware, ensure your initrd is
> generated with MODULES=most BEFORE the move.
> 3. Just because initramfs.conf has MODULES=most doesn't mean that's
> what you get.  In my case, conf.d/driver-policy overrode it.
> 4. Manually constructing or modifying an initrd is pretty delicate business.
> 5. systemd seems to react very badly to a mount failure in fstab.

  all good to know.  :)  i've not been in that
bad a situation before.

  that last bit (#5) has caught plenty of people
who had old fstabs and did not change the lines
that were optional devices to "nofail".  it did
get me too when systemd was first coming through
testing/unstable.

  i absolutely hate being dropped into a raw
console or in the emergency mode because the
fonts are usually too small for me to have much
of a chance of reading them.

> THANKS
> To Pascal and songbird for their help.

  y.w., but to me it looks like you did all the
heavy lifting here.  :)  glad you got it figured
out.

  songbird