Re: Fetchmail not working after upgrade to Debian 9.9 (Stretch)

On Sunday 16 June 2019 09:44:02 pm Joe Aquilina wrote:

> >> Checked in dpkg, which tells me that fetchmail and openssl are both
> >> upgraded to the current versions.
> >>
> >> Is this the relevant section of the sources.list:
> >>
> >> deb http://ftp.iinet.net.au/debian/debian/ stretch main
> >>
> >> deb http://security.debian.org/ stretch/updates main contrib
> >> non-free
> >>
> >> This leads me to think that the security channel is enabled, but I
> >> have been known to be wrong about these things.
> >>
> >> Anything else I need to be looking for?
> >
> > I think I would verify that both are using the same version.  You
> > might even compare the installed .conf files.  Got to be a diff
> > someplace.
> >
> > My own isp's mailserver is using dovecot, and doesn't use sslv3 just
> > plain ssl. And because they also serve imap users from the same
> > accounts, fetchmails DELE is ignored, so I log in daily with a
> > browser and clean house.  Does your email agent have a "check what
> > the server supports" function?
> >
> > I've been known to use that, then transfer those results to
> > fetcmail's recipe.
>
> Versions of both programs are the same on both machines. The only
> difference I can see is that, the machine on which fetchmail is
> working is an i386 system, while the non-working machine is an amd64
> system. So the relevant versions of the programs reflect that.

Fetchmail isn't that hard to build, I've done it a couple times.  You
might want to dl the src deb and do a buildpackage on it just to make
sure its built on the machine that will run it.

> > Cheers, Gene Heskett

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis