Re: Fetchmail not working after upgrade to Debian 9.9 (Stretch)

On Friday 14 June 2019 01:06:16 am Joe Aquilina wrote:

> > > its rather plainly telling you your ssl version is too old.
> > > Perhaps it did not get upgraded with the rest of the system?  Make
> > > sure the security channel for your repo is enabled.
>
> Checked in dpkg, which tells me that fetchmail and openssl are both
> upgraded to the current versions.
>
> Is this the relevant section of the sources.list:
>
> deb http://ftp.iinet.net.au/debian/debian/ stretch main
>
> deb http://security.debian.org/ stretch/updates main contrib non-free
>
> This leads me to think that the security channel is enabled, but I
> have been known to be wrong about these things.
>
> Anything else I need to be looking for?

I think I would verify that both are using the same version.  You might
even compare the installed .conf files.  Got to be a diff someplace.

My own isp's mailserver is using dovecot, and doesn't use sslv3 just
plain ssl. And because they also serve imap users from the same
accounts, fetchmails DELE is ignored, so I log in daily with a browser
and clean house.  Does your email agent have a "check what the server
supports" function?

I've been known to use that, then transfer those results to fetcmail's
recipe.

> > > --
> > > "There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
> > > soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order."
> > > -Ed Howdershelt (Author)
> > > If we desire respect for the law, we must first make the law
> > > respectable. - Louis D. Brandeis
> > > Genes Web page <http://geneslinuxbox.net:6309/gene>

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)