Re: Reading pdf files

On 2019-06-15 10:56 a.m., Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
Quoting Gary Dale (2019-06-15 16:31:28)
On 2019-06-15 3:39 a.m., Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
A reason to avoid Okular is its memory and disk size when used in an
otherwise non-KDE environment.

Far better than (e.g. virtualized) Windows with Adobe Reader, though
:-)
However few people do completely without KDE or GTK programs these
days,
It is rare to avoid *both* KDE and GTK but common to avoid *either*.
No. While there are a lot of people who don't use Gnome or Plasma 5, it's virtually impossible to run a desktop system with no applications using either toolkit in at least some applications.

and disk & memory are cheap so that is really a non-issue.
Good for you that it is a non-issue for _you_.

Apart from some legacy machines, there are few desktop systems that lack sufficient resources to run modern applications. I've got an old Socket 939 system that has plenty of resources to run Plasma 5. It's not as fast as modern hardware, but it isn't that slow either.

25 years ago, creating PDFs was a hit or miss affair without Adobe
tools but it's been a long time since I've seen a PDF that Okular
couldn't handle.
Again, good for you.

I sincerely hope the original poster is in a similar situation as you.
I agree that anecdotes aren't evidence. However that works both ways.