Re: Reading pdf files

On 2019-06-13 12:10 p.m., Joe wrote:
On Thu, 13 Jun 2019 17:28:10 +0200
Hans <hans.ullrich@loop.de> wrote:

Am Donnerstag, 13. Juni 2019, 16:29:27 CEST schrieb k. jantzen:
Did you try "Evince" or "Okular"?

Best

Hans
Hello,

in general I do not have a problem reading a pdf file with either
xpdf or documentviewer.

But once in a while I get a pdf file that they cannot read and then
I have to go to Windows to open it.

What is so spectacular about these files that they cannot be read
by the above mentioned programs? Is there another program that
would read such a file?

Not all PDF generation programs produce good code. Some PDF readers are
better than others at displaying technically invalid PDFs. I've had
some trouble viewing PDFs exported by LibreCAD in Evince, and a few
other funnies that I can't remember now.

Adobe Reader does seem a bit better at dealing with dodgy files, and of
course it deals with the extended PDFs e.g. editable forms.
Never had a problem with PDF forms using Okular.