Re: Diagnosing what applications are doing

On 5/26/19 4:36 PM, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
Quoting Gene Heskett (2019-05-26 16:25:43)
On Sunday 26 May 2019 07:05:45 am Jonas Smedegaard wrote:

Quoting Paul Sutton (2019-05-26 12:28:43)
On my netbook,  Thunderbird seems really unstable, it stars up
fine then seems to stall and fails to respond,  it eventually
picks up.
[...]
One thing that will "freeze" it is using its own download facilities
to fetch the mail, used to bug me pretty badly, but when it did come
back, everything I had typed into a message came back with it.  So I
offloaded that fetching of emails by making fetchmail, procmail,
clamscan and spamassassin all into background tasks that have minimal
effect on kmail.  Now my freezes are maybe a second as it sorts an
incoming email that has servived the spam and viri filters.
Good point!  (this is Thunderbird not KMail but still applies)

For IMAP mail, I recommend more modern alternatives to fetchmail:

  * pullimap
  * offlineimap

Could you recommend one of them to use with an install of the box-add-gui alternative for Teres-I?

As far as I can see, pullimap needs libconfig-tiny-perl and libinterimap, and offlineimap needs python-imaplib2 and python-socks.

Perhaps one is more lightweight than the other?

Best regards.

//Erik