Re: web page problem

On Thursday 13 June 2019 04:03:04 pm Felix Miata wrote:

Alias   /urlDebSub/ "/LocalPathHostingTheDebs/"

I've done that to /etc apache2/apache2.conf, and restarted it.

Then because the web servers root page is at /var/www/html, and gene is
the head of the data, I touched urlDebSub in /var/www/html/gene, made it
owned by www-data:www-data, and modified gene/index.html accordingly. No
errors, but blank page. Suspect a perms breakage someplace. I get
perfect results, but www-data:www-data can't.  And I can't make the
whole chain a 0777. Or shouldn't. 0755 should do it, but doesn't seem
to.

Damn, another 1 second power failure. not long enough to kill everything,
but crash it sure as hell.  And its not that noisy out. Getting old,
sure as tuncket its a substation regulator with burned up contacts. It
will take me a few to sort things again.

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis