Re: Util-linux 2.33.2 cross-compile for arm64

Mihamed Hammouda wrote:

> I'm trying to cross-compile util-linux 2.33.2 for an arm64 device, make
> command work fine but install no, this is the error:
> libtool:   error: error: relink 'libblkid.la' with the above command
> before installing it
> Makefile:5836: recipe for target 'install-usrlib_execLTLIBRARIES' failed

Sorry but I thought you are cross compiling - not cross installing. Usually
you cross compile to install to a target device - so probably building
package is an option.

I'm not sure if I am correct, but I have never tried to install after cross
compiling.

Most would use a debuild or similar to produce a debian package, which you
could install on the target device. But may be I am not knowledgable
enough.