Re: UEFI beginner questions

HP works, I have 5 HP machines at this time, all running Debian.
"secure boot" does not exist on any of them.
I do Not use UEFI, only Legacy Boot.
Never figured it out or saw an urgent need to use it.
BIOS/UEFI menus are all different, even on similar models and makes.

there are a number of articles on UEFI and boot loaders in the Debian Wiki.