Re: reboot stuff doesn't start

On Wednesday 29 May 2019 12:22:41 am Reco wrote:

> On Tue, May 28, 2019 at 04:52:52PM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:

> > How about a daemon that never exits, but does report its pid on the
> > next line when launched with a trailing &
>
> They call such programs a curious perversion in IT usually.
> Luckily it does not matter for the start-stop-daemon (it can derive
> pid more straightforward way) nor it does matter to systemd (there are
> cgroups for that).

cgroups? whazzat?  I've not noted its having docs to explain its
potential advantages.

> > I'm also seeing several can't connect to d-bus messages, only ID'd
> > by the pid.  That means whatever its pid is, isn't working.
>
> Like I wrote earlier - nothing that you put into rc.local belongs
> there. I suppose that the thing is written to be launched from the
> inside the user session, where you have dbus session already.
>
> Reco

Thats the general idea.  So I've killed the two process's it is, and
added a shebanged script chmodded +x, to the .trinity/Autostart to run
it from there with a "~/bin/mailwatcher &" as the second line. I ran it
and its working from there. And didn't return its [###] pid, a dead
silent launch, So that should be started after I've logged in at reboot
time. Theoreticly, not reboot tested yet. I should move another mount
share startup to there also and will if this works. Gradually cleaning
out rc.local. I did get spamassassin to run, it was disabled by
systemctl.

How would I go about disabling n-m with systemctl?

Thanks Reco

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)