reboot stuff doesn't start

Greetings all;

New stretch install about 2 weeks ago, cleaning up the remains.  Fresh
disk, so no leftovers. But lots of stuff has been copied over from the
wheezy disk since

I have spamassassin enabled in my rc5.d, and I start heyu engine and heyu
monitor in my rc.local for several years , but neither one is actually
being started now.

I can restart spamassassin once logged it, ditto for heyu and friends.

Why don't they start when they're supposed to?

Thanks all.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)