Re: Buster emacs crashes with doc-view-mode

On 5/21/19 4:08 AM, Curt wrote:

Your backtrace looks quite similar to this:

http://codepad.org/juUbz33Q
https://www.reddit.com/r/emacs/comments/9xrjto/emacs_latex_docview_bug_crashes_emacs/

The OP believes his issue is related to the 'doc-view-resolution'
parameter (when reverting from 300 to a setting of 100 the crash doesn't
seem to occur for him).

Thanks for the pointer -- I have replaced my resolution of 600 (!) to 150, with a minimal hit (my monitor is 141 dpi) -- I'm not claiming the crash stopped, just probably will happen less often.

That said, some searching pulled up Fedora seeing this for a while, and this being a standing issue in debian -- anybody familiar with the history here?