Re: using git locally

On Fri, 17 May 2019 14:36:36 +0100
mick crane <mick.crane@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello mick,

>Is it ssh:// that is wrong or I've failed to get the syntax right for
>git ?

I'm no expert on git, so ask me questions - I probably won't be able to
answer them anyway.   :-)

That said, this might help:-

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/28827831/how-to-setup-git-on-local-network

The relevant part appears to be:

---------Quote---------------------------
Basically, you'll want to use git daemon. If you just need to set up a
single repository, that's one line from each machine:

Server:

git daemon --base-path=/path/to/repo --export-all

Client:

git remote add LocalServerName git://<serveraddress>/

where <serveraddress> is some reference to that machine (IPv4, IPv6,
.local, etc.). You can also specify --verbose for the daemon command for
more detailed output.

I think, also, you could have --base-path point to a folder with many
repositories, and that would let you specify which project you wanted on
the client-side like so:

git daemon --base-path=/path/to/all/repos

git remote add ServerName git://<serveraddress>/MyProject/

Be advised: using --export-all will let any computer on the network pull
from your repo.

--
 Regards  _
Everything in life should be free, except the bits that belong to me