Re: No sound

Den 2019-05-12 kl. 19:30, skrev David Wright:
On Sun 12 May 2019 at 13:08:33 (+0200), 70147persson@telia.com wrote:

Inxi is telling that the sound card, Device-1, is Intel 82801I HD Audio, and the driver: snd_hda_intel.
This raises the question of what device 0 is, and whether the sound
is being routed there.

As a non-DE non-pulse user, I would run alsamixer, press F6 and
select the device 1. Then work my way along the bars, raising
levels with the arrows and unmuting with the M key.

As some applications have their own volume controls that may or
may not work, speaker-test is a useful command for a source.

Cheers,
David.

Well David, I did not describe the content of the link, but in short one creates as Device-0, a virtual device called Loopback, which does what its name is saying, it loops back to jack what was transferred to Device-0, the default device. So programmes not adapted to run jack, gets its signal connected to jack and handled by this.

OK, this is how I have understood it, my knowledge is not deep enough to exactly see what happens. Someone better skilled could perhaps give a better explanation.

By using mate-volume-control I could see that this Loopback was created as the default Device-0. The card itself "HDA Intel" is there too.

Kaj