Re: replicating an installation baseline only (as if it had been a cummulative, virgin installation) ...

On Tue, May 14, 2019 at 01:30:12PM +0200, Albretch Mueller wrote:

> As if I had installed Debian afresh.

My suggestion for this, since you are in "paranoid mode", is to do
exactly that, but without the "as if" part :-)

I install Debian by using debian-installer and installing only the
base system, then I do this:

apt-get --no-install-recommends $(cat shopping-list.txt)

where shopping-list.txt is the list of packages I really want to see installed.
You can create such a list with the help of "debfoster" package.

After this I use salt or ansible to configure stuff, but you could also
install packages using salt/ansible/puppet etc and avoid the first step.

Just an idea. Not sure if this is what you are looking for or not.

Thanks.