Re: Is it possible to install Debian in such a case.

On 2019-05-10, An Liu <sourceonly@gmail.com> wrote:

> Actually the question could extend in several ways, such as
>
> 1. Could I install debian from chroot enviroment while i'm in another
> linux dist

Once I ran the netinstall iso with qemu/kvm and installed onto a usb thumb
drive I'd taken care to preliminarily insert into a usb port on my
desktop machine (otherwise the connection is rarely made).

A recipe of this sort (where sdb represents the aforementioned thumb drive)
worked for me (it was a few years back):

 kvm -m 512 -hda /dev/sdb -boot d -cdrom your_netinst.iso

Might be perpendicular to whatever you're asking, but it seems rather
open-ended whatever you're asking, so I said to myself can't hurt.

--
Mrs Hessler, the teacher, considered me her employee, and I played along with
this to keep the frown off that somewhat shapeless face she had crowned with an