Re: Is it possible to install Debian in such a case.

On Fri, 10 May 2019 11:09:25 +0200
An Liu <sourceonly@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Sorry, I don't understand: what do you want different from running
> > debian-installer?
> >

> In short,just for fun
>
> longer answer,
>
> 1. want to know what a installation process (e.g. bootable iso)
> actually do for us 。
> 2.Find some clues if the automation setup fails,what we could do next

The current (and presumably all future) stable installation images will
install either in legacy mode or UEFI. Just transfer the image to the
stick (the whole stick, not a partition of it) and it should Just Work.

Transfer can be done in Linux by cat, dd, cp or presumably other
methods. There is also a Windows utility (win32diskimager) which will
copy images to USB sticks.

https://www.debian.org/releases/jessie/amd64/ch04s03.html.en

There are too many types of failure possible to give a quick guide.
Almost always, you will see some kind of error message about a failure.
But failure on common modern types of computer are not frequent, in my
experience. I have a modern netbook, no legacy BIOS option, UEFI only,
Windows 10 already installed. As long as I had enough drive space
free, there was no problem with copying to USB stick and installing,
with an option for the Win10 boot manager in the grub menu afterwards.

--
Joe