Re: Help, windows dummy has bought one. I need it for a job or 100

On 2019-05-07 23:47, Gene Heskett wrote:
Greetings all;

First it doesn't have a clue what to do with a wired network.

Cheers, Gene (I need some winders help ) Heskett

usually bottom left corner click windows icon
click the settings that looks like a cog
select Ethernet / Change adapter options
hopefully there will be a picture of your adapters
right click / properties
select internet Protocol Version TCP/IPv4
[x] use the following address
might well want to restart

good luck
mick