Re: apache2 missing a file, won't run.

On Tuesday 07 May 2019 05:28:26 am Dan Purgert wrote:

> Gene Heskett wrote:
> >>
> >> Which printer was that? Don't forget that some of their printers
> >> require multiarch / i386 in order for the pre-processor to run
> >> properly.
> >
> > Is that a lib/module I can install to a
> > 4.9.0-9-rt-amd64 #1 SMP PREEMPT RT Debian 4.9.168-1
> > kernel?
>
> Multiarch?  It's a dpkg setting so that you can get packages for a
> different architecture (e.g. 32-bit "i386" packages on a 64-bit
> machine).
>
> You didn't answer which printer it was, though.

Brother MFC-J6920DW, it can handle up to 11x17 paper, handy when
processing "rockhopper's" output which can if magnified by inkscape far
enough to be readable, is then posterized and can occupy better than
half a sheet of 1/4 plywood.  And apparently cups has upped the anti,
needing a filter they name if you read the fine print in the error_log,
but which is not part of cups, or the last driver download from brother
that I pulled a fresh copy of less than a year ago. For 32 bit of
coarse.

The error log:
/usr/lib/cups/filter/brother_lpdwrapper_mfcj6920dw\" not available: No
such file or directory

What I have:
Is an installer that came with the last download. I had to chmod +x it to
run it, and its 95% legal BS as it contains 3 or 4 brother licenses in
addition to the usual gpl-v2 boiler plate, but I ran it and was amazed,
successfull, so now I have test prints from 2 profiles, and the test
page on photo paper looks better than it ever has. And after running it,
I have that missing file, but it was built, it does not exist in any of
the debs accompanying that download. So now maybe I have some color
control, which was previously ignored, giving me very pastel prints. But
I've about sucked the cyan tank dry, so I'd better get some ink before
messing with the color further. I haven't tried to setup a profile for
the rear feed slot taking 11x17 paper yet. I tried to make a feed tray
to keep the paper straighter, a huge improvement but wasn't 100%
successfull.

Yay! I don't have an expen$ive paperweight anymore. Woopee!

Thanks for reading, and I'll keep this in case someone else needs it. Now
to see if sane can find its scanner and ADF.

Thanks again.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)