Re: Can't install addons for firefox

On 5/6/19, Reco <recoverym4n@enotuniq.net> wrote:
> 	Hi.
>
> On Mon, May 06, 2019 at 01:35:48PM -0400, Lee wrote:

>> > Understatement of the month, if not the year.  And yet, on the Mozilla
>> > blog, all the comments are "oh, you're so awesome for working on a
>> > weekend to fix this!", completely ignoring that there wouldn't have
>> > been
>> > a problem to "heroically" work all weekend to solve if they'd just done
>> > things right (staying on top of cert expirations, not trying to funnel
>> > everything through a single point of failure, etc.) in the first place.
>>
>> Is it just me, or does anyone else see the real screw up as mozilla
>> not allowing users to override their decisions -- in this case, about
>> an addon being "safe"?
>
> xpinstall.signatures.required = false
>
> They do allow it … for now.

Only for the ESR, developer and nightly versions of firefox.
  https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/add-on-signing-in-firefox
Firefox Extended Support Release (ESR), Firefox Developer Edition and
Nightly versions of Firefox will allow you to override the setting to
enforce the extension signing requirement, by changing the preference
xpinstall.signatures.required to false in the Firefox Configuration
Editor (about:config page).

Lee