Re: next amd64 stretch problem

On 2019-05-06, Gene Heskett <gheskett@shentel.net> wrote:
> Greetings all;
>
> I have only one, very weak sound, from kmails new mail beep.  Down about
> 20 db from what I'm used to hearing.

xset b 100?

Does that set the bell/beep volume at a hundred percent?

The man page says

 If only one numerical parameter is given, the bell volume will be set to that
 value, as a percentage of its maximum.

A second numerical value would set the pitch in hertz (unrelated to car rentals).

A third would set the duration in milliseconds.

Whether this is the way to skin this cat I don't know, but something to try maybe.
I see in another of your emails that you've found speaker-test.

Here are my bell values from 'xset -q':

 bell percent:  50    bell pitch:  400    bell duration:  100

Good luck.

--
The boys at first were very polite about my medals and asked me what I had done
to get them. I showed them the papers, which were written in very beautiful