Re: Can't install addons for firefox

On 05/05/2019 21:30, Dave Sherohman wrote:
On Sun, May 05, 2019 at 10:52:56AM +1200, Ben Caradoc-Davies wrote:
Setting about:config / xpinstall.signatures.required to false fixed
extensions for me for firefox 66.0.1-1 amd64 on Debian sid and for Firefox
66.0.2 on Android. I needed to restart Firefox on Debian.
When I tried that yesterday, it allowed extensions to be reinstalled
(yes, I was one of those who tried to fix this problem by uninstalling
and reinstalling my extensions), but not all plugins actually worked in
this state.  Most notably, NoScript displayed no icon on the toolbar
(just a blank space with a tooltip) and did not appear to actually do
anything.  Its settings were also inaccessible, both through the
(missing) popup menu and via the list of installed add-ons (in which
case I got a blank grey page with an endless "loading" spinner
animation).
Based on this, it appears that xpinstall.signatures.required may be no
more than a partial solution.  (Although it's also possible that
something may have been broken in the uninstall/reinstall process.)

My prexisting NoScript installation works correctly after setting xpinstall.signatures.required to false, including Add On preferences page and toolbar icon. I did not uninstall/reinstall.

Kind regards,

--
Ben Caradoc-Davies <ben@transient.nz>
Director