Re: Can't install addons for firefox

Quoting Ross Boylan (2019-05-04 18:27:26)
> Running firefox-esr on buster I don't seem to be able to install
> addons.  I tried selenium IDE and katalon.  Has Debian blocked the
> installation of addons?  I don't see indications of that in the docs
> or the net.
>
> Likewise, I know selenium (and maybe katalon) have had compatibility
> issues with some versions of FF, but the page from which I installed
> the addons (which was via the addon manager in FF) doesn't mention
> anything.
>
> And, if FF selectively blocks addons for which a Debian package is
> available, that doesn't seem to apply since there are no such
> packages.  There are some selenium packages, but not as a FF
> extension.

It is an error in Mozilla infrastructure upstream - they have fixed it
by abusing a backdoor in Firefox to update a certificate, but Debian
has that backdoor disabled by default.

https://blog.mozilla.org/addons/2019/05/04/update-regarding-add-ons-in-firefox/

 - Jonas