Re: dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration (Swedish with "|")

Den 2019-05-05 kl. 16:26, skrev David Wright:
Is this some sort of ticking off for wondering why the OP is*so*
keen to be able to type ¦ directly on the keyboard that they are
almost willing to use a USB keyboard with a laptop to get it?
Particularly as the wiki page referred to above has a reference to
http://jkorpela.fi/latin1/3.html#A6
which states "It is advisable to avoid using this character, since its
code position is occupied by another character in ISO Latin 9 (alias
ISO 8859-15), which will probably widely replace ISO Latin 1 at least
in European usage."

Now, using Unicode might avoid this danger, but it's still odd to
want this character so much when it appears to be as much of a relic
as the aforementioned ECU is. And, after all, the answer is that
they didn't.

For what it's worth, I had the foggy idea that I had to figure out how to make the Teres keyboard reproduce the output from the Scandinavian USB keyboard. What else would be "right"?

When the 105 and 102 options then gave the same result, it got completely lost.

And I'm still kind of lost since I don't really understand what a "Keyboard model" is. So already at the first menu choice of dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration I don't really know what I'm doing there.

In the dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration menu there are [193 different keyboard models] to choose from.

But two of them are the same, at least from the point of view of a Teres laptop.

How does that work?

//Erik

[193 different keyboard models]

A4Tech KB-21
A4Tech KBS-8
A4Tech Wireless Desktop RFKB-23 — безжична
Acer AirKey V
Acer C300
Acer Ferrari 4000
Acer portàtil
Advance Scorpius KI
Amiga
Apple
Apple Aluminium (ANSI)
Apple Aluminium (ISO)
Apple Aluminium (JIS)
Apple portàtil
Asus portàtil
Atari TT
Azona RF2300 wireless Internet
BenQ X-Touch
BenQ X-Touch 730
BenQ X-Touch 800
Brother Internet
BTC 5090
BTC 5113RF Multimedia
BTC 5126T
BTC 6301URF
BTC 9000
BTC 9000A
BTC 9001AH
BTC 9019U
BTC 9116U Mini Wireless Internet and Gaming — безжична, за Интернет и игри
Cherry Blue Line CyBo@rd
Cherry Blue Line CyBo@rd (alt.)
Cherry B.UNLIMITED
Cherry CyBo@rd USB-Hub
Cherry CyMotion Expert
Cherry CyMotion Master Linux
Cherry CyMotion Master XPress
Chicony Internet
Chicony KB-9885
Chicony KU-0108
Chicony KU-0420
Chromebook
Classmate PC
Compaq Armada portàtil
Compaq Easy Access
Compaq Internet (13 tecles)
Compaq Internet (18 tecles)
Compaq Internet (7 tecles)
Compaq iPaq
Compaq Presario portàtil
Creative Desktop Wireless 7000 — безжична
Dell
Dell 101-key PC
Dell Inspiron 6000/8000 portàtil
Dell Latitude portàtil
Dell Precision M65 portàtil
Dell Precision M portàtil
Dell SK-8125
Dell SK-8135
Dell USB Multimedia
Dexxa Wireless Desktop
Diamond 9801/9802
DTK2000
eMachines m6800 portàtil
Ennyah DKB-1008
Everex STEPnote
FL90
Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo portàtil
Generies 101-sleutel PC
Generies 104-sleutel PC
Genius Comfy KB-12e
Genius Comfy KB-16M/Multimedia KWD-910
Genius Comfy KB-21e-Scroll
Genius KB-19e NB
Genius KKB-2050HS
Gyration
Happy Hacking
Happy Hacking per Mac
Hewlett-Packard Internet
Hewlett-Packard Mini 110 portàtil
Hewlett-Packard NEC SK-2500 Multimedia
Hewlett-Packard nx9020
Hewlett-Packard Omnibook 500
Hewlett-Packard Omnibook 500 FA
Hewlett-Packard Omnibook 6000/6100
Hewlett-Packard Omnibook XE3 GC
Hewlett-Packard Omnibook XE3 GF
Hewlett-Packard Omnibook XT1000
Hewlett-Packard Pavilion dv5
Hewlett-Packard Pavilion ZT1100
Honeywell Euroboard
HTC Dream
IBM Rapid Access
IBM Rapid Access II
IBM Space Saver
IBM ThinkPad 560Z/600/600E/A22E
IBM ThinkPad R60/T60/R61/T61
IBM ThinkPad Z60m/Z60t/Z61m/Z61t
Keytronic FlexPro
Logitech
Logitech Access
Logitech Cordless Desktop
Logitech Cordless Desktop (alt.)
Logitech Cordless Desktop EX110
Logitech Cordless Desktop iTouch
Logitech Cordless Desktop LX-300 — безжична
Logitech Cordless Desktop Navigator
Logitech Cordless Desktop Optical
Logitech Cordless Desktop Pro (2a. alt.)
Logitech Cordless Freedom/Desktop Navigator
Logitech diNovo
Logitech diNovo Edge
Logitech G15, допълнителни клавиши чрез G15daemon
Logitech Internet
 Logitech Internet 350
Logitech Internet Navigator
Logitech iTouch
Logitech iTouch Cordless Y-RB6
Logitech iTouch Internet Navigator SE
Logitech iTouch Internet Navigator SE USB
Logitech Ultra-X
Logitech Ultra-X Cordless Media Desktop
MacBook/MacBook Pro
MacBook/MacBook Pro (intl.)
Macintosh
Macintosh (oud)
Memorex MX1998
Memorex MX2500 EZ-Access
Memorex MX2750
Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000
Microsoft Internet
Microsoft Internet Pro (Suec)
Microsoft Natural Elite
Microsoft Natural Ergonomic 4000
Microsoft Natural Pro OEM
Microsoft Natural Pro/Internet Pro
Microsoft Natural Pro USB/Internet Pro
Microsoft Natural Wireless Ergonomic 7000
Microsoft Natuurlik
Microsoft Office sleutelbord
Microsoft Wireless Multimedia 1.0A
NEC SK-1300
NEC SK-2500
NEC SK-6200
NEC SK-7100
Northgate OmniKey 101
OLPC
Ortek Multimedia/Internet MCK-800
PC-98
PC genèric de 102 tecles (intl.)
PC genèric de 105 tecles (intl.)
Propeller Voyager KTEZ-1000
QTronix Scorpius 98N+
Samsung SDM 4500P
Samsung SDM 4510P
Sanwa Supply SKB-KG3
Silvercrest Multimedia Wireless
SteelSeries Apex 300 (Apex RAW)
Sun Type 4
Sun Type 5
Sun Type 6 (Japonesa)
Sun Type 6/7 USB (Europeu)
Sun Type 6 USB (Japonesa)
Sun Type 6 USB (Unix)
Sun Type 7 USB (Europeu)
Sun Type 7 USB (Japonès)/106 tecles japonesa
Sun Type 7 USB (Unix)
Super Power Multimedia
SVEN Ergonomic 2500
SVEN Slim 303
Symplon PaceBook tauleta
Targa Visionary 811
Toshiba Satellite S3000
Truly Ergonomic 227
Truly Ergonomic 229
Truly Ergonomic Computer Keyboard Model 227 — ергономична, широк Alt
Truly Ergonomic Computer Keyboard Model 229 — ергономична, нормален Alt, допълнителни Super и Menu
Trust Direct Access
Trust Slimline
Trust Wireless Classic
TypeMatrix EZ-Reach 2020
TypeMatrix EZ-Reach 2030 PS2
TypeMatrix EZ-Reach 2030 USB
TypeMatrix EZ-Reach 2030 USB — режим 102/105:EU
TypeMatrix EZ-Reach 2030 USB — режим 106:JP
Unitek KB-1925
ViewSonic KU-306 Internet
Winbook Model XP5
Yahoo! Internet