Re: Basic concepts and proper useage of UEFI

On 05/04/2019 10:37 AM, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
Quoting Richard Owlett (2019-05-04 16:56:03)
This post was prompted by recent discussion of problems/cautions
concerning UEFI. All my machines boot in Legacy BIOS mode and I have
minimal background in UEFI.

A preliminary web search yielded:

http://x86asm.net/articles/introduction-to-uefi/

https://blog.thomasmarcussen.com/tag/configmgr/

https://blog.thomasmarcussen.com/unified-extensible-firmware-interface-uefi/

https://wiki.restarters.net/UEFI_and_GPT

http://x86asm.net/articles/others/index.html

https://www.thomas-krenn.com/en/wiki/GUID_Partition_Table

I have not yet read these in detail. Is there other introductory
material that would be recommended.

https://www.rodsbooks.com/gdisk/

  - Jonas

I like the collection of links under "Additional Resources".
If they don't have the answers I look for, there should be enough guidance there to guide me in asking appropriate questions.
Thank You