Re: Trouble making bootable USB from ISO image

On 05/03/2019 11:50 AM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
Hello

I'm trying to use Stretch to write a .ISO image to a USB device. The
image is the Windows 10 installer ... which I downloaded from Microsoft, and
which they claim should be able to be written to a USB device. ...

What was the URL?
I've just read this thread for the first time, reading it as a unit. I'm concerned that Microsoft's context{poor_word?} may be significantly different from the assumptions being made in the replies.

I'm attempting to test the image before booting the installer on the
final computer earmarked for sacrifice to this project. ...

Why use the term "sacrifice"?

Also, the OP said that this is part of an educational project.
Does that put any constraint on how useful some answers may be?