Re: Is Debian 9 supposed to work on a Geode?

Quoting Björn Persson (2019-05-02 15:07:00)
> Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> > Most but not all areas that Geode CPUs previously covered, nowadays
> > is covered by ARM SoCs.  You may find this useful:
> > https://wiki.debian.org/CheapServerBoxHardware
>
> Something ARM-based might well be a candidate, yes. Thanks for the
> list, but its requirements are partially different from mine. For
> example a microSD slot isn't a hard requirement for me.

Not sure why you emphasize MicroSD - it just happens to be the storage
type most common among cheap ARM boards.  I have no particular love
relationship with MicroSD cards, just want my machines to _boot_ :-)

After quite some years running fanless Mini-ITX boards, I have since
2010 exploring the cheaper end of ARM boards.

If you care to elaborate what are your priorities, then I am curious to
try compare that to (my knowledge of) cheap ARM devices.

 - Jonas