Re: batch process jpegs

On 2019-05-02 06:21, mick crane wrote:
On 2019-05-01 19:15, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
Quoting mick crane (2019-05-01 19:59:06)
I've got a bunch of jpgs from the camera where the bits I want are a bit
underexposed. What I'd like is a GUI that will batch process them.
It's been a few years since I processed any camera images and I seem to
have forgotten what my workflow was.
I think I might be able to do it with Graphic::Magick if I could give it
some sensible numbers and nip2 looks like it can do it so I'm reading
the docs for that.
I can't quite see how to use Gimp script-fu thing.
Any suggestions for available GUI that will batch process jpgs ?

The king of photo editing nowadays is darktable - can be confusing to
navigate at first, but is quite powerful - also does batch processing.

But if you mean shell scripting then you want something else - and for
each of perl, python, ruby, haskell, java, etc. there is no doubt
several capable photo processing libraries if you want even more
"scripting" than shell.  :-)

 - Jonas

Thanks, Darktable looks awesome and friendly interface. Now I just
need to find the "apply to all" menu item.

mick

well that seems to work.
change one of the photos in darktable and it saves the .xmp file
close darktable.

#!/bin/bash
let n=1000
for i in *.JPG
do
darktable-cli $i IMG_7169.JPG.xmp $n.jpg
let n=n+1
done

--
Key ID    4BFEBB31