Re: How do I trace changes in configuration files?

Quoting Erik Josefsson (2019-05-01 11:35:48)
> So, is there a way to trace/record/capture changes in all
> configuration files?
>
> The idea is then to just replace the default configuration files with
> the files where my preferences have been saved.

Install package etckeeper to track files below /etc with git.

For tracking dot-file changes below your $HOME - and below /etc if you
don't want/understand git - you can make a copy of the relevant folder
before you start edit, and compare before and after e.g. with diif:

  diff --recursive --unified --new-file somedir.orig somedir

 - Jonas