Re: Obtaining/compiling/installing python3.7

On Sat 27 Apr 2019 at 01:47:53 -0500, Richard Owlett wrote:

> On 04/26/2019 02:25 PM, Darac Marjal wrote:
> >
> > python3.7 is available in testing.
>
> Using Buster was my original idea but it's not ready in ways important to
> me. I had been looking for Python3.7 in backports. What snags might I hit
> attempting to use a testing package in stable? I'm using an isolated system
> so I can take some risks.

Install stretch; base system only. Change sources.list to buster.
Update and upgrade. python3.7 is installed as part of the upgrade.
No snags and completely risk-free. Thirty minutes work at most.

Advising on what else is needed to test the beta software is not
possible as the package name is unknown.

I think this ticks all the boxes apart from compiling. But why
bother compiling when someone has done it for you and buster is
as ready for anything as stretch is?

--
Brian.