Re: OT Calibre

On Mon, Apr 22, 2019 at 05:10:49PM -0400, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
On Mon, Apr 22, 2019 at 09:01:40PM +0100, Paul Sutton wrote:
Hmm,  from a UX / UI viewpoint won't new users expect a close / quit
button or menu option,  ?

I don't think so.  I just started using it a few months ago and I
actually never noticed the absence of close/quit menu options and/or
buttons until reading this thread.  I find that the toolbar layout works
really well, and naturally supports clicking the "X" in the top of the
window border to close/quit.

I hadn't noticed the absence either…

Since the 'X' is drawn/owned by the window manager (traditionally, I realise
GTK are moving in a different direction), it's not necessarily the case that
the window manager actually provides it at all… it is a little odd for an app
to not provide its own means of gracefully closing (the WM can do little more
than send a sig TERM). As another has discovered, there's at least CTRL+Q for
Calibre.

--

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Jonathan Dowland