Re: firefox > Preferences > When Firefox starts.

On 2019-04-21, peter@easthope.ca <peter@easthope.ca> wrote:
>     From: Cindy Sue Causey <butterflybytes@gmail.com>
>     Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2019 12:41:45 -0400
>> * Is that the only live tab for each new session, ...
>
> Sorry to say, I don't understand the question.  I don't understand "live tab".
> Firefox should just open the static local page.  Shouldn't take more than a
> second or two even when the system is bogged.
>
>> * Can you tell if this has something to do with Firefox crashing, ...
>
> Will consider that, thanks.  It would imply two bugs.  The first causing
> firefox to crash.  Failure to open the specified page at startup would
> be a 2nd bug.

The message "Sorry. We're having trouble getting your pages back" means
exactly that Firefox believes it crashed or failed to recover
successfully from a crash, AFAIK, in which case it tries to restore the
state of the browser at crash time (and does not load the user's home
page, local or not, as if it hadn't crashed and was starting up
normally).

I've read that setting "Clear history when Firefox closes" is one way to
obviate the problem (you might not want to lose your history, though).
Another is to set "browser.sessionstore.max_resumed_crashes" to false in
'about:config'.

I guess we can assume safely that you're closing your browser sessions
"normally."

Good luck.