Re: testing: weird resume (black or frozen screen)

On 20/04/2019 17.43, Andrea Borgia wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Running the testing branch and using xfce, the last couple of resumes from
> hibernation were problematic: the first one had the suspend dialog still visible
> with the "yes" button still pushed in, all applications were open, the mouse
> could move but not actually click anything. Keyboard worked enough to switch to
> console and reboot.
>
> Second instance was slightly different: screen completely black except for the
> mouse pointer. I killed xfce from console and logged in again.
>
> Were it not for the fact that my system is a desktop, this bugreport would
> appear to be a good match: https://github.com/the-cavalry/light-locker/issues/108
>
> I found nothing interesting in the Debian bugtracker, perhaps the issue is too
> new, after all I've been using this system for months and this issue only came
> up a couple of days ago.
>
> Any ideas? Anyone else seeing this?
>
> Thanks,
> Andrea.

Hi Andrea,

I see the same type of problems. I run an up-to-date testing as well, but use
KDE as my DE. Suspend works properly, as far as I can see. I have a Thinkpad P1
with a red led on the lid that blinks during suspend, and that is still as it
was. However, as soon as I try to resume the system it hangs hard. It is not
just a black screen or X that hangs. I cannot even access this system through
SSH anymore when this happens. I still haven't found the culprit causing this,
so I'll be watching this thread with interest.

Grx HdV