Re: A call to drop gnome

On Wednesday 17 April 2019 03:17:22 Ansgar Burchardt wrote:

> Gene Heskett writes:
> >>
> >> You press the magic Super key, then type "Terminal" on the keyboard
> >> (or at least the beginning), then press Enter.  GNOME feels pretty
> >> much designed to not be used by a mouse alone ;-)
> >
> > And that magic Super key is?
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_key_(keyboard_button)
>
> On many keyboards it is also known as this:
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_key
>
> In my opinion GNOME is not really usable without using that key, so
> that might partly explain you being uncomfortable with it.
>
> > And does it do tabs?
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNOME_Terminal#Tabs
>
> Ansgar

Thats nice.  The terminals it has offered me from its menu's however have
been stripped of such useful features. And since I've not owned a
windows machine since 2002 that key with the squares on it has never
been a usefull key to me. And I just checked, it does nothing here.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)