Re: A call to drop gnome

On Tuesday 16 April 2019 13:32:38 Ansgar Burchardt wrote:

> Gene Heskett writes:
> > Where the heck in its confusing menu's can I find a tab supporting
> > terminal so I can get something done? Go ahead, find it, my coffee
> > needs to cool anyway..
>
> You press the magic Super key, then type "Terminal" on the keyboard
> (or at least the beginning), then press Enter.  GNOME feels pretty
> much designed to not be used by a mouse alone ;-)
>
> Ansgar

And that magic Super key is?  And does it do tabs?

I have 4 workspaces with terminals, each of which has 4 or 7 tabs
available right now on this Wheezy box running TDE R14.x. Opening a
separate new terminal on the same workspace like gnome does on stretch
is a total non-starter for me. So one of the earlier things I did before
I found synaptic was to be the orphan that starved to death, and brought
my conversion to stretch to a screeching halt, was to convert it to TDE
R14.x from gnome.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)