Re: Cannot re-install synaptic on Buster.

On 15/4/19 8:59 pm, Brad Rogers wrote:
On Mon, 15 Apr 2019 20:12:34 +1000
Keith Bainbridge <ke1th3216@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Keith,

So if I don't install Wayland, I should not loose synaptic - for those
odd times I need it to help me find something?

That /would/ have been the case, yes.  Not so now; Synaptic is no longer
available in testing.  You can, of course, d/l synaptic (the version
in sid is currently the same as the one that's been deleted from
testing) and install using dpkg.

If you're happy to use snapshot.debian, you can re-install Synaptic that
way.  Be sure to disable the relevant repo entry as soon as you've
performed the installation.

And the manual installation I did on my vbox test machine should be OK?

That I have no idea about.  Sorry.

Thanks Brad

At least 1 friend and I will be watching with interest

Keith Bainbridge

ke1th3216@gmail.com
+61 (0)447 667 468