Re: Buster presentation info

On 15/04/2019 09:27, Reco wrote:
> 	Hi.
>
> On Mon, Apr 15, 2019 at 08:38:15AM +0100, Paul Sutton wrote:
>> Does anyone know the version of Wayland being used?
> $ dpkg -s libwayland-server0 | grep Version
> Version: 1.16.0-1
>
>> and what other basic info could be included in a technical overview without
>> overwhelming the viewer ?
> A shipped browser(s) version, maybe? Firefox, Chromium, those things.
>
> Reco

I have made a few updates. I am trying to write this for the Default
options so Wayland and Gnome,  so the parts about Synaptic need a few
adjustments but I am sort of getting there.   If the default or
preferred package manager (gui) is gnome-packagekit for gnome and
wayland then this is fine.

If we were to fork and write this for xfce or lxde, then I guess the
default window back end is X and the preferred option for package
manager is synaptic. and the technical info would change accordingly.

(I am getting confused just trying to write this)

https://github.com/zleap/DebianPresentation/blob/master/README.md

Is work so far,  please feel free to e-mail over any word / text
changes.  So far I am editing in Overleaf, downloading the zip(source)
and pdf files and uploading to github, which is not an ideal situation.
I have not figured out how to do more advanced things in github, I can
sort of handle pull requests but end up in a right mess.

Main issue is that netbook runs Debian10 + LXDE (not my main one as I
have one for testing buster on),  so I am going by information I can
find.   I am not too sure if my netbook would handle wayland anyway.

Hope this helps

Regards

Paul

--