Re: New dual-boot laptop with two SSD drives: should I use LVM (and I have no experience with it)?

Le 12/04/2019 à 22:46, Thomas D Dial a écrit :

In terms of management, it is a major advance over physical partitioning
for the file systems and, depending on particular file system
characteristics, allows you to get out of space problems without down
time in many cases (online resizing is available for jfs, xfs, I think
for ext2/3/4, and possibly others).

XFS and ext* can be grown online. Ext* can be reduced offline only. XFS cannot be reduced. Btrfs can be grown and reduced online. I don't t know about JFS.