Re: Wondering how long it usually takes for a package to move from stable-p-u

On Thu, 2019-04-11 at 18:22 +0100, Brian wrote:
> > With the *occasional* exception of dependency-less packages like a
> > foo-doc package (reading ahead of the game) or a font. For example,
> > I installed fonts-hack-ttf on all my machines, both wheezy and
> > jessie,
> > as soon as I saw it mentioned here (by Gene I believe). Not the best
> > for Unicode glyphs, but wonderful for the eyes.
>
> I'd extend this latitude a bit further to packages that have
> dependencies satisified by stable and which provide something
> stable doesn't. For example, libsane-hpaio

	That's what I had in mind. I assumed that ca-certificates-java
would fulfill a requirement like that, but maybe it doesn't. Or maybe
people are a bit edgy and end up taking suggestions in a very bad way...

--
[]'s,

Francisco M Neto <fmneto@fmneto.com.br>

GPG: 4096R/D692FBF0