Re: Wondering how long it usually takes for a package to move from stable-p-u

On Thu, 2019-04-11 at 08:20 +0400, Jerome BENOIT wrote:
> And is there any way I can install just that one package as the
> > newer
> > version on debian stretch without changing the repos to testing for
> > the
> > whole OS?
>
> I guess that the best you can do is to build your own package from
> the debian source material.

	Alternatively, if the package has been updated in testing you
can download the .deb and install it manually with 'dpkg -i'.

	Not the best approach, but remedies the problem until a better
solution comes along.

HTH
Francisco

--