Re: 'synaptic' removed from buster

On Fri, Apr 05, 2019 at 12:46:28PM +0100, mick crane wrote:
> On 2019-04-05 12:37, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
> >On Fri, Apr 05, 2019 at 12:28:18PM +0100, mick crane wrote:

[...]

> well su root and then enter root's password always seemed to work.

Yes, of course. I was arguing with the "normal user should be able
to download packages" part -- download, yes. Install, no way.

For this there's no difference between su and sudo.

I do prefer sudo because (a) it makes it easy to gain privileges
for just one command (thus it makes it easy to avoid simple mistakes),
and (b) it gives finer control for specific scenarios (the backup
example). But hey, whatever floats your boat.

Cheers
-- t