Re: 'synaptic' removed from buster

On 2019-04-05 10:51, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
On 2019-04-05 07:46, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
>On Fri, Apr 05, 2019 at 07:37:05AM +0100, mick crane wrote:
>
>[...]
>
>>Making you be root to download stuff off the internet never seemed
>>like a good idea.
>
>And letting "you" (not root) install things in system directories
>(/usr/bin et al) seems to be as bad an idea [...]

[...]

what's the issue with
seeing what's available as you,
checking what you need as root,
downloading as you,
install as root.

Imagine some random javascript (running as you, the "normal" user
starts doing system things (browser sandboxing? nah!). At this point
I'd hope I get asked for my password, to get a chance to stop the
whole shenanigan. But that's just me...

Cheers
-- t
well normal user isn't supposed to do system things. Sudo makes me nervous.
--
Key ID    4BFEBB31